Saturday, January 24, 2015

Cowboy Love



               The romantic love of cowboys began as people moved to settle in new lands of the western United States. The folklore and stories of men and their challenges that they faced made them romantic hero's. The cowboy soon became the subject of dime store novels in the 1800's. Ranch Romances was one of many magazines with romantic stories and artwork of the cowboy.
                Today nearly 200 years later the love of cowboys and romance remains very popular.  Cowboy romance novels are top sellers as new stories come available every week. Cowboy art is found in home decor and greeting cards.  Cowboy and western love songs are also a part of the romantic cowboy folklore  and they  often remain popular for decades.  
           The cowboy love song Cowboy Take Me Away was written by Marcus Hummon and Martie Seidel for the Dixie Chicks  in 1999.  The song quickly rose to #1 on the charts and continues to be a popular love song today.  It has been recorded by other artists and often is also apart of wedding celebrations. 
Here are the opening lyrics of this love song:

I said I wanna touch the earth I wanna break it in my hands
I wanna grow something wild and unruly
I wanna sleep on the hard ground in the comfort of your arms
On a pillow of blue bonnets in a blanket made of stars
Oh it sounds good to me 
I said
Cowboy take me away fly this girl as high as you can into the wild blue
Set me free oh I pray closer to heaven above and closer to you
Closer to you

Dixie Chicks Cowboy Take me Away


No comments:

Post a Comment