Friday, January 23, 2015

Love You to the Moon


           Dolly Parton wrote several songs for the movie  Joyful Noise which she starred in with Queen Latifa  and Kris Kristofferson in 2012.  One of the songs she wrote for the  movie, From Here to the Moon and Back  was written with special meaning .  In her own words she tells the story behind the song:

"When I wrote ‘From Here to the Moon and Back,’
 I needed to write a beautiful love song. I picked my husband, 
who I love, and I thought, “Well, I’ll write some  beautiful song about him.”
 It was about my husband in the movie, played by Kris  Kristofferson,
 so I thought in order to make it really real and really touching,
 I would write it about my real, true emotions about someone 
I really do love and have loved for more than half of my life."

        The movie Joyful Noise did not do well at the box office. However, From Here to the Moon and Back continues to gain in popularity  today as a special love song. It was recorded again by Dolly Parton and Willie Nelson in 2013  for Willie's  To All the Girls  album and is currently becoming a popular song for weddings. 


From Here to the Moon and Back with Lyrics

Dolly Parton, Jeremy Jordan and Kris Kristofferson
 Soundtrack from the movie "The Joyful Noise"




Willie Nelson - From Here to the Moon and Back (audio) ft. Dolly Parton

No comments:

Post a Comment